photo home.png  photo youtube.png  photo myshop.png

Thursday, June 6, 2013

FREE Call / Text anywhere

Today, I am going to talk about an app that my friends, family and I have been enjoying for the past year. And the best part about it is, it's FREE! Yes, you read it right. The app is called KakaoTalk Messenger.


But first, you need to have a smartphone to be able to download this app irregardless of what phone company you belong to. This app also works with iPod touch and iPads thru wifi.

Secondly, your phone should be able to accept a text message or receive a call. If you cannot accept messages on your phone, don't worry. You can have KakaoTalk call you for the code. This is what I did to set up KakaoTalk on my daughter's iPod touch. I had KT call me on my landline to get the code. Please have a pen and paper ready so you won't forget the code.

Once you have the app downloaded, just follow instructions to set up your account. Then you're ready to go. I would recommend setting up your KakaoID, meaning a unique name that you can remember easily so your friends who just had their accounts made would be able to find you immediately.

Your phone number will remain private to anyone. You can just give your KakaoID for them to add you, no numbers necessary. But, for those people who are already in your contacts list, they will automatically be added to your Kakao contacts once they decide to make a Kakao account.

I am personally very happy with this app. I saved a lot of money buying call cards to call my friends and family from all over the world. The connection is really good. Now I talk to them anytime I want and vice versa, yes, for FREE! As long as there is wifi, you're in touch with the world.

Let me know what your thoughts are if you have tried it. Have fun!

   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails