photo home.png  photo youtube.png  photo myshop.png

Saturday, March 6, 2010

DIY: Pedicure

I apologize for this late follow up post of my manicure tutorial.

When you have a manicure, of course, you need to have a pedicure too, correct? It just don't feel right when you don't have both.

Personally, I do my toenails first before doing my fingernails for an obvious reason: I don't want to mess up my manis.

So here we go:

1. Start with clean toenails always.

2. This is my favorite part. Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes (I do it for 30, shh!) in warm water in a bubbling foot spa massager with a foot soak (i.e. epsom salts, etc). Or you can use a regular basin and fill it with warm water.

3. Apply a callus dissolver and allow a couple of minutes for it to penetrate depending on buildup. Then buff the ugly stubborn calluses away. Wash thoroughly with water.

TIP: A good callus dissolver is available at any nail supplies stores BUT you have to be a nail technician to shop there. I am not a nail technician, but i got lucky the owner was there when i went and i befriended her so she made me an exception, yayy!

4. Then it's basically the same steps 2~9 as the DIY manicure CLICK HERE!

TIP: Except the Step 5 is rinse and apply a spa strength callus treatment foot cream. In other words, foot lotion.

Helpful Hints:

* Before going to bed, apply petroleum jelly all over your feet and wear socks overnight. This will give you soft pretty feet in the morning.

* You can do your spa pedicure as often as you like. It's really time-consuming so i do once a month but change polish color twice a month.

Check out my DIY: Manicure tutorial HERE!

Hope this helps :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails